See also our related blog for the Pediatric Preclinical Testing Initiative.

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Welcoming Amy!

We are pleased to Amy Paul join our laboratory as a new intern in pediatric oncology translational research. Amy is a recent graduate of the OHSU School of Nursing and will be functioning in important roles for our childhood tumor bank & registry as well as a canine personalized sarcoma therapy trial.  
  
in her own words:

"My interest in working in pediatric oncology first arose in 2008 when I spent my first summer during nursing school as a volunteer camp counselor at a camp for children with cancer. For 8 days, I bonded with 18 middle-school aged girls all affected by cancer in some way either as a patient, survivor or as a sibling, I then realized that this was my hearts calling in life as a Registered Nurse and community advocate for cancer. I then started training for a marathon with a local chapter of Team in Training for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society where I recognized and learned the growing importance for cancer research, which deepened my hearts desire to expand my participation in this field of medicine. The ability to directly work with the children and families at Doernbecher's (Children's Hospital) as well in the research lab is an incredible opportunity that will only add to my knowledge and experience in my future nursing practice as I aspire to be a pediatric oncology nurse."
  
We're excited for Amy to be part of our team and look forward to furthering her career!  

1 comment:

Roger Paul said...

Amy is my daughter, and there is prouder father anywhere. She continues to succeed and has tremendous motivation, discipline, and faith in God. She is an inspiration to all that know her. OHSU, the department and patients are very blessed to have her, as am I. Thank you Amy for being the most incredible daughter any father could ever hope for. I love you Amy and am so blessed by you and your accomplishments each and every day. Congratulations on your new position. Love, Dad